A Liquidation Dealer is a person or company who buys or manages surplus goods on consignment as a broker to liquidate excess inventory, often for retailers.
These liquidation deals can be overstocks, seasonal clearance, insurance write-offs and/or customer returns and can range in product categories, conditions and grades.
Daily deals liquidations are sold either offline through discount store chain networks or traditional live auctions or online through wholesale trade platforms, e-commerce discount platforms or dealer liquidation online auctions.
There are many liquidators out there, many proposing to offer hot deals & liquidations. To make sure you deal with the real deal liquidators check the following:
- Run a Google news search for company – is the company mentioned in the search results and have credible articles covering its offerings?
- Check the About Us section on their website – is it detailed and what do they stand for?
- Does the website and its liquidation deals and sales have full legal terms and conditions?
- Does the Liquidation Dealer have multiple platforms, grade its products and separate the product gradings across platforms accordingly?
- Do the liquidation deals have a full detailed manifest/stocklist/consignment listing and are the retail values listed?
- Are the products available illustrated by not just stock images but ACTUAL images of the stock product items?
- What are all the charges for the Liquidation Deal?
- Does the Liquidation Dealer offer customer service and can they ship direct to you?
The last point is very important. There is more than $761bn of excess retail inventory created every year in the United States: one third goes to landfill and two thirds goes into the US secondary market. That two thirds ends up with outlet deals and liquidation dealers and is supplied in mish-mash stock exit consignments of product categories, conditions and grades. Most liquidation dealers operate a ‘pass-the-parcel’ approach; flipping’ these consignments on to buyers – good, bad and indifferent – passing on the risk to you buying liquidation deals blind.
GSM Deal City, Auction City and Trade City grades all products accordingly, using our proprietary technology, to ensure the right product conditions are offered and detailed as such for every listing, so you have full confidence in what you are buying, to ensure you get real deal liquidation deals.